Thursday 27 August 2009

Vintage Wedding Dresses

Savoir Weddings is all about providing brides (and grooms) with something a little bit different so they can make sure their wedding is one they want not want they feel pushed into having. We especially love, stlish, creative, quirky options for brides on a budget.

This is why we're so pleased to have discovered A Vintage Wedding. Based in Essex, these unique one off gowns start from as low as £250!



Sarah Penrose is the owner of these delighful creations and explains how she came to set up A Vintage Wedding.
In September 2007 my partner of 10 years popped the questions and you can imagine after all those years together I had pretty much planned my wedding….apart from my gown. 

I knew I wanted something different a dress that made people say “Wow”, a dress that was unique. So the hunt began and I came across the most amazing short vintage style 50’s dress. My day arrived, and I was right, people still say that they have never seen a dress like it at any other wedding. Mission accomplished! My wedding was also featured in two wedding magazines.

I began to consider vintage gowns when one evening, after a long day of trying on dresses with a friend, I realised that they were all starting to look similar. Also, it occurred to me, after I thought about the long and expensive hunt I had for my dress, that others may want to be individual too, and maybe I could help them, so we set about collecting exclusive vintage dresses, and that leads me to where we are today…

Girls want individuality, not mass produced gowns. Vintage gowns suggest originality and flair, and providing the gown is well cared for it will increase in value, unlike a new dress purchased today. In particular 50's prom dresses with their glamorous and frothy skirts have become very sought after. This year, at the Golden Globes, several A-List stars were in Vintage 50’s Prom dresses!

At ‘A Vintage Wedding’ offers a unique collection of stunning ‘one off’ vintage gowns and accessories that we have carefully selected from across the world to provide a spectacular array from the 1930’s through to the 1980’s. We also have a small collection of modern, exceptional designer gowns.
See A Vintage Wedding for more. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you lovely people for leaving a comment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails