Tuesday 9 February 2010

Fabulous Receptions

The cool blue and warm mahogany are easy on the eye. Elegant and chic but with an outdoorsy vibe...



I do love ornate, elaborate receptions but always find myself drawn to simple affairs. Maybe it's because they can be done on much lower budgets and somehow this makes them all the more lovely. And this is a classic example of why. Picnic tables, table cloths and blooms in clear vases. And those sunflowers make it for me.



Um, how fabulous is this simple warehouse wedding reception? I discovered it whilst browsing the wondrous 100 Layer Cake. I like the exposed brickwork typical of warehouse spaces and the contrast with the elegant lines of the table cloths and the unfussy floral centrepieces. Great example of how keeping it simple can be most effective.



I like the contrast here between the yellow of the tablecloths and black chairs.

1 comment:

Thank you lovely people for leaving a comment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails